What Qualifies as a Vacation Home?
Whether you call it a vacation home, recreational property, secondary property, or seasonal home, it is defined by the fact that it is not your primary residence and is primarily used for recreation.
Some lenders will be wary of a vacation home within 50 miles of your primary residence, the concern being that it will actually be a rental property, not a personal getaway. But at Fort Myers Mortgage Experts, we understand that the miles on the odometer do not determine the peace of mind your second home can bring. Pine Island is just a 30-minute drive from Fort Myers, but your vacation home there can seem worlds away from your downtown residence.
How Do You Finance a Vacation Home?
Our mortgage professionals will work tirelessly to match you with the loan product that best suits your family, budget, and future plans. Financing options include, but are not limited to:
- A cash-out refinance on an existing primary residence or other property
- Obtaining a Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) on existing property
- Taking out a new mortgage on a second home
Some differences you may encounter when financing a vacation home:
- Stricter income requirements, particularly if there are mortgages against multiple properties
- The need for a higher credit score
- A slightly higher interest rate
- A higher percentage required for a down payment
Contact Fort Myers Mortgage Experts Today to Get Started On Your Vacation Home Loan in Fort Myers, Florida
The easiest way to finance a vacation home is to let our experts guide you through the process to make it as seamless and painless as possible. When you work with us, you become family, and we love nothing more than seeing your sparkle of happiness and the sigh of contentment when you close on your perfect dream vacation home.
Contact us today to make the dream a reality.